SECURA shows strong growth in 2011
Weather and other natural events had a dramatic impact on insurance companies globally in 2011, and SECURA was no different. As a result, we posted a combined ratio of 106.9 percent, which beat the estimated industry result.
Evidence of our continued growth as a company and long-term profitability can be seen throughout the Annual Report. SECURA’s stability is the direct result of strong agency partnerships, underwriting discipline, and the excellent service we provide to policyholders and agents.
Highlights of SECURA’s 2011 Annual Report include:
• Grew direct written premium (DWP) 7 percent.
• Built assets to an all-time high of more than $785 million.
• Rated “A” Excellent by A.M. Best for eighth consecutive year.
• Ranked number 2 by agents nationwide for Ease of Doing Business (sixth consecutive year as a Top 10 carrier).
• Specialty Lines, which was launched in March 2010, continued to be a huge boon for SECURA, as DWP grew more
than 135 percent to $10.5 million.
• Commercial, Personal, and Farm-Ag Lines all showed increases in DWP.
You can read the full report at www.secura.net.