While it may not bring the same thrill as the latest upgrade to your favorite app or a friend’s status update, having quick and easy mobile access to your insurance information should be on your list of must-haves, too.
Here are the top five reasons why:
- You’re in a fender bender. Hopefully it’s not the result of using one of those other apps while driving, right? Regardless, with your insurance carrier’s mobile website or app, you can file a claim right from your smartphone, and even take photos of the damage to upload with your claim information. This allows for more timely processing of your claim.
- You’re stranded on the side of the road. As part of your policy, your insurance may provide Roadside RescuerSM services such as towing, or minor mechanical services like jumpstarting a dead battery, changing a flat tire, or getting you unstuck from that snowdrift. Wouldn’t it be great to have that phone number handy in a situation like this?
- You’re stopped by a cop. The police officer will likely ask for proof of insurance. Because you can show the officer your latest insurance auto ID card right on your smartphone, you won’t have to worry if that printed version in the glove box is from a previous decade. Note: some states still require physical proof of insurance, so check with your agent for your state’s rules.
- You can’t remember if you paid that bill. We’ve all been there. With mobile access, you can put your mind at ease from wherever you are. Simply log in to see your insurance billing information and make payments right from your smartphone or tablet. Plus, you can review other policy documents, too.
- You need to contact your agent. Let’s face it; they’re the expert when it comes to your insurance needs. It’s nice to know you have their contact information at your fingertips when you need to make changes to your policy, add coverage for a new vehicle, or just reconnect.